12/15/2006

Midwest Beauty

I am looking out our front window at an amazing sunset, with bright colors streaming through the trees in our front yard. The past four days have been absolutely beautiful here. It warmed up to 60 degrees every day, and the skies were clear and sunny. I know this is sounding like a weather report, but it is more than than. This is California girl admitting that after 5 years out here in Illinios, she has finally learned to appreciate the beauty of flatlands, the corn fields and scattered clumps of trees. I still miss the magesty of the mountains of Utah, and the Pacific Ocean beaches of California, but I have settled in the the beauty around me. We are heading to Arizona for Christmas, and that will be yet another type of beauty that this country has to offer. America is truly an amazing place. There are so many different types of landscapes to enjoy from coast to coast. I hope to one day travel coast to coast and get the whole picture of "from sea to shining sea!" Well, that is all for now. Enjoy the beauty of the season, wherever you may be. Love, Jeanie

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog has been inactive for five years, and I am attempting to get it going again. We now live in Woodstock, IL and the boys are growing way too fast. Life is good.