8/16/2011

kids insights

I need to remember not to watch a tear jerker movie when it is a certain time of the month. Tonight, I decided to watch "Miss Potter", a movie I had borrowed from the collection at work a week ago. I needed to finally get it watched and take it back. The only problem is, there has not been much "me time" in the past week. 5 days ago, our family doubled in size as we picked up the four children of Jon and Belle Dutton to have in our home for 12 days as their parents travelled to Seattle by bus, then on to Alaska on a cruise. It is a "work trip" for them as they are performing on the boat, with the extra perk of all 12 of them going on the cruise free of charge. I hope they are getting paid also, because that is a really long trip! As fun as it may be, I know it was hard for Belle to say goodbye to the kids. They are a very tight knit family, and the youngest girl especially does not spend much time away from her parents. She is 4 now, and I think this trip came at a good time to help her gain more independence.

I have had some very sweet conversations with these kids, and really have enjoyed getting to know them better. Last summer I spent several weeks with them during Dutton Day Camp, and among all the Dutton kids I think these were the ones who stole my heart the most. That is why, when I heard the cruise was only for grown-ups, I offered to their parents that we could take them during the week they were gone. That 7 day offer turned into 12, but it is going quite well so far. One reason for writing this blog tonight is to relay a conversation I had with Natalia today. She mentioned something about me having more kids, and I replied, "for some reason God thinks two is enough for me, because this body is not able to make any more little people." I have more. Her insightful comment was, "Maybe Heavenly Father only sent you two so you could help a lot of other people out with their kids." I believe there may be a lot of truth to that statement. Her comment gives me more of a desire to magnify my calling, and offer service to others as often as possible. I do feel I was placed here on earth with talents specific to relating to children and teaching them. My commitment to spread happiness among children has really grown this week, as I have seen these kids so happy as they have stayed here and interacted with my fmaily. One of the best ways to benefit mankind is to lead the next generation by caring about them and spending time teaching them. I am thankful God has given me several opportunities to do this. And now, it is time for me to share my Helaman 5:12 song with the world of Primary. I was inspired by Beatrix Potter to pursue my dream, and share my talent to bless the lives of others. Before the end of Sept. I want to send it it! (Goal)

5 comments:

Christi said...

OH J!
I always knew that I liked you but this post just magnified that. Thank you for your insight. Sending hugs!!!!

Deyce said...

What a great post! I agree with Natalia (was that her name?). She's obviously seen how you've influenced her life.

I was sad to miss you and your family this summer. Maybe we'll get out to Branson one of these days...

Lewis Family said...

Thank you for sharing such a tender and special little exchange, and your wonderful goal to share your talent! Go for it. I want to enter the church's international art competition this year...

cheapestairtickets.co.uk said...

Great news for the persons looking for a perfect family tour without paying too much money! Come to Bangkok and enjoy the most affordable and most exciting holidays of your life. The availability of Flights to Bangkok has added another feather in the cap as it has made the tours more affordable.
Cheapest Air Tickets
Cheap Flight Tickets

Mohsin Jawaid said...

FREE Video Reveals How to Get Istant Traffic To Any Website FAST!

About Me

My photo
This blog has been inactive for five years, and I am attempting to get it going again. We now live in Woodstock, IL and the boys are growing way too fast. Life is good.