3/31/2007

Importance of Journals

I used to be a very regular journal keeper that wrote down everything that came to my mind, in case I might need it later. Kind of like how I deal with papers that come into my life, I'd better keep this, just in case I need it later. I do realize though that having six filing cabinets is a bit excessive- and really a pain when it comes time to move. Now, onto the point of my message today:

I have notebooks full of mostly unimportant chicken scratch. But amongst the notes about everyday life, are spiritual insights given to me by a loving God who is helping to guide my life in the right direction. Personal revelation is a very real thing, and I think it is easy to get so caught up in life, that we forget how often that life is being guided by the One who created us. I have not been keeping a daily journal for several years now... but it is time to start again. When I look back at Journals I have kept in the past, I am always amazed by the things I learn from myself. That person I was five years ago, may be different than who I am today, but that person has something to teach me. And more importantly, as a mother, my journals will be able to continue to teach my children long after I am gone from this earth.

My own mother has kept a daily log of her life, though only a few sentences each
day. I look forward to one day reading those, and continuing to grow closer to her through her journals, even after her spirit has departed from this earthly existence. To clarify, I do hope that time is still far off when I have to say goodbye to my sweet mother. But, when I do face that trial in my life, I will find peace in the knowledge that family relationships are eternal through the sealing power of God. (See Matthew 16:19)

I am publicly committing myself to begin again, and keep a personal journal - at least once per week. I won't be blogging that often, because my dial-up internet drives me crazy. But, I will try to share some insights from my journal when I feel others can benefit from reading it. Okay, it's late and I'm getting a bit wordy now, so farwell for now. Thanks for reading... that is if anyone is. Most of my friends don't check my blog anymore since I so rarely add anything to it. But, this entry is a new beginning for the month of April. Easter is a wonderful time for new beginnings! Love, Jeanie

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog has been inactive for five years, and I am attempting to get it going again. We now live in Woodstock, IL and the boys are growing way too fast. Life is good.