7/13/2009

FLICKER

This has got to be my all time favorite camp song!
I learned it in 1990 from Kelli Schofield who was
the SJ 16th ward Young Women's president at the time.
Not sure who wrote it, but Kelli gets the credit for
bringing this awesome song into my life.


(Verses one and three are intended to be sung
simultaneously after singing each verse on its own)


Verse 1 -The Flicker of the campfire, the wind in the pines, The stars in the heavens, the moon that shines. A place where people gather, make friends of all kinds. A place where all men’s troubles, are always left behind, so give me the light of the campfire, warm and bright. And give me some friends to sing with, I’ll be here all night. Love is for those who share it, I found mine right here, just you and me and the campfire, and the songs we love to hear.

Verse 2- I know a place where no one ever goes, There is peace and quite, beauty and repose. It's hidden in the valley, beside a mountain stream, And lying there beside the stream I find that I can dream. Only of things of beauty to the eye, Snow peaked mountains rising to the sky. Now I know that God has made this world for me.
Da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da

Verse 3 - One can imagine himself as in a dream, climbing up a mountain or down a small revine. The beauty of this peace and quiet ever shall stay. To make this place a haven, each and every day. Oh how I wish, I never had to leave. All my life such beauty to receive. Now I know, that God has made this world for me.
Da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da for me

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog has been inactive for five years, and I am attempting to get it going again. We now live in Woodstock, IL and the boys are growing way too fast. Life is good.