5/09/2005

The Gift of Motherhood

It was wonderful to be sung to today by the primary children at church. They sang "I Often Go Walking", one of my favorites. The last line of the song says, "Dear mother, all flowers remind me of you." As they finished the song, I looked down at the beautiful corsage pinned to my dress, and nestled my nose into it to take in the scents of fresh flowers. Thanks to my sweet husband for the gifts... the gift of flowers, and the gift of motherhood.

And now for a note regarding my own mother; Whenever I am with her, I try to jot down as many 'Bevisms' as I can to help me always remember how wonderful she is. Here's an example of a Bevism, "Birds are such amazing little creatures." She said this as we walked to the car in a fast food parking lot in Provo several years ago. She had stopped to look at a little tree in an island planter right in the middle of the lot. It was swarming with active little birds. That's a good example of the comments my mom makes on a regular basis that reflects her view of the world. She is so filled with gratitude for the blessings of nature, relationships and the gospel. She always reminds me to find joy in life.

The words of the song are true, "Dear mother, all flowers remind me of you". Flowers add beauty to the world, as does my mom.

1 comment:

JJ said...

wow, so awesome! just so you know, you can also check out my blogs. i have two sites. email me if you would like to take a look. erika

About Me

My photo
This blog has been inactive for five years, and I am attempting to get it going again. We now live in Woodstock, IL and the boys are growing way too fast. Life is good.