5/05/2005

Simple Pleasures

Boomer amazes me every day with the things he says. He is so very expressive, and polite too. Today, we walked outside at about 8 a.m., we were headed to McDonalds to meet some friends for breakfast and playland fun. As soon as we walked out the front door, little two year old Boomer says, "It looks so beautiful outside today Mommy, I so excited!" Then he went on to do his little happy jig that he does so often. He's a little dancin' and singin' man. Music is a part of his soul. If he would have been familiar with the musical 'Oklahoma' I bet he would have busted out singing, "Oh what a beautiful morning. Oh, what a beautiful day." I am thankful to live in a place where the seasons are so distinct, because it really helps me to appreciate the beauty of Spring more, since just a month ago all the plants were still barren looking and now everything is so green. Nature is miraculous, as are children. My boys really help me remember to find pleasure in the simple things.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog has been inactive for five years, and I am attempting to get it going again. We now live in Woodstock, IL and the boys are growing way too fast. Life is good.